Bakgatla Resort is situated next to the Bakgatla entrance gate to the Pilanesberg National Park. Bakgatla is situated at the foot of Garamoga Hill. This is home to a diversity of bird species and mammals. The vegetation is surrounded by rolling grasslands and subtropical woodland and forested ravines.
From Bakgatla resort you can easily access two special sites. The Thabayadiotso (also known as the Proud Mountain) and Mankwe Dam (the large central lake in the Pilanesberg National Park).
Bakgatla offers a wide range of accommodation to match your Pilanesberg National Park holiday. You can choose between the executive safari tents or the 5-sleeper chalets.
Camping and caravaning are welcomed and the resort provides for a relaxed environment. Children can explore the playground while more adventurous guests can enjoy some of the many activities on offer in the area.
- This is a great option for families visiting the Bakgatla Resort.
- You have a main bedroom and a loft with three single beds.
- The chalets come standard with a fully equipped self-catering kitchen and lounge.
- The air conditioning is a welcome relief in the hot summer season.
- Every chalet has a standard bathroom and shower.
- All units are equipped with a braai patio.
- You can book on a bed-and-breakfast basis or choose dinner, bed and breakfast during your stay.
Executive Safari Tent
- This is the perfect value-for-money weekender package.
- Safari tents with a bathroom are standard; towels are provided.
- You have tea- and coffee-making facilities and a mini bar.
- Tents come with a braai facility.
- Book safari tents on a bed-and-breakfast basis
- Travel light for the weekend and take the dinner, bed and breakfast option.
Campsites & Caravan Sites
Bakgatla also has campsites and caravan stands.
- Each campsite/caravan site takes up to 6 people.
- The caravan sites all have electricity while there are campsites with and some without electricity.
- Bakgatla Resort offers a real value-for-money weekend.
- This is perfectly suited for families on a short break from the city.
- Explore the Pilanesberg National Park or visit Sun City during your well-deserved holiday weekend.
Bakgatla Resort Facilities
- Olympic-size swimming pool.
- Adventure tours and outdoor activities.
- Children’s playground.
- Conference facilities.
- On-site superette.
- Self braai (barbeque area).
Directions to Bakgatla Resort.
- Travel along the N4 towards Rustenburg.
- 50 kms after leaving Pretoria, take the off-ramp from the motorway on the R556 towards Sun City and Pilanesberg.
- Turn right over the motorway.
- Travel for 51 kms on the R556.
- At the fourth 4-way stop, turn right onto the R510 towards Northam.
- Travel for 22 kms and turn left on the R510 towards Kgabo – the sign says Pilanesberg / Moruleng / Sun City.
- At the second 4-way stop, turn right at the Caltex garage towards the Manyane Gate.
- Travel along that road for 13 kms.
- At the T-junction/traffic circle turn left.
- Follow the road for 3 kms, past the old George Stegman Hospital, straight to the Bakgatla entrance gate
Black Rhino Game Reserve: -25°10’54.35″S ; 26°57’18.25″E
Bakgatla Resort:-25.1912376 “S 27.1468155″E
Check in Times
Check In Time: 14h00 pm
Check Out Time: 10h00 am
- Please make prior arrangements if you will not be able to accommodate these times.
- Child friendly.
- Children aged 5–11 stay for free and only pay R60 per child per day (B&B) or R100 per child per day (DBB) for meals.
- Children under 4 years of age stay for free and don’t pay anything towards meals.